National Depression Screening Day Is Oct. 3
You are not alone. Depression and anxiety don’t need to be masked.
The 25th annual National Depression Screening Day at Kent State University will be held Thursday, Oct. 3, on several campus locations. It is open to all students, faculty and staff, as well as the larger community.
- Kent Campus: Thursday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Kent Student Center, second-floor mezzanine.
- Ashtabula Campus: Thursday, Oct. 3, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Kent State Ashtabula Library, second floor, outside of L207.
- Geauga Campus (Burton): Thursday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Library, Room 120C.
- Stark Campus: Thursday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Herbert W. Hoover Foundation Counseling Center, Campus Center, lower level.
freevide0x性欧美As part of the free in-person screening, participants have the opportunity to complete a questionnaire, which screens for depression, bipolar disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder, and to speak with a clinician in the mental health field to review their results. If necessary, appropriate referrals can be made, and participants may also find information on depression and other mental health issues for themselves or for someone about whom they may be concerned.
All Kent State students have access to an for those unable to attend an in-person screening or for those who attend a campus that may not have in-person screening opportunities available. The is free, confidential and available 24 hours per day throughout the year. The online screening provides individuals with feedback, referrals and resources upon completion.
freevide0x性欧美National Depression Screening Day is coordinated by University Health Services, Psychological Services and the Office of Health Promotion on the Kent Campus. National Depression Screening Day is co-sponsored by Counseling Services at the Ashtabula Campus, Counseling Services at the Geauga Campus and Counseling Services at the Stark Campus.
freevide0x性欧美For more information, please contact:
- Kent Campus: Psychological Services at 330-672-2487 or either one of the co-coordinators, John Schell, Ph.D., or Carrie Berta, Psy.D.
- Ashtabula Campus: Counseling Services at 440-964-4319 or coordinator Johanna Slivinske.
- Geauga Campus (Burton): Counseling Services at 440-834-3711 or coordinator Valerie Rutherford.
- Stark Campus: Counseling Services at 330-244-5048 or coordinator Emily Ribnik.