Kent State Florence
Kent State University has been educating students in Florence for more than 40 years. From architecture to fashion to hospitality management, Kent State Florence is a comprehensive academic and cultural program. In addition to completing a full course load, students have many opportunities to get acquainted with Florence and Italy during their time studying abroad. Open to all attending students are numerous activities introducing Italian life and culture.
freevide0x性欧美The new home to the program is the Palazzo Vettori, which is a prestigious and ancient building located in the heart of Florence, at the corner of Via Cavour and Via Alfani, next to Piazza del Duomo. The fabric of the building started at the beginning of the 15th century and its façade proclaims the new ideas of Renaissance architecture based on the use of rustication.
Get to Know Kent State Florence Better
- Watch a prepared by KSU student Anthony Marchionda while he was studying abroad in Florence highlighting the Palazzo Vettori.
- Watch a video of the of the Palazzo Vettori
- Read about the Grand Opening of the Palazzo Vettori
- Download the 8-page Florence Education Abroad Brochure
We Can Help You Get Underway
- Comprehensive orientations before you leave the States and when you arrive in Italy prepare you for life in Florence. Our staff is there to get you settled and is available all semester to help with everything from a medical emergency to a restaurant recommendation. Our faculty provide an outstanding education in the classroom and out, capitalizing on the Florentine setting with city walks, museum visits, and field trips.
- Instruction is in English, and Kent State Florence offers a wide selection of courses in various subject areas, along with all levels of Italian language. If you’re not a Kent State student, it’s easy to enroll as a guest, and a transcript will automatically be sent to your home university.
Why Kent State Florence?
The Adventure of a Lifetime
You’ll live and study in one of the most beautiful and historic cities on earth, walking the same stone streets Michelangelo, Galileo, and Dante walked. And Italian food is amazing – you will be surrounded by the best pizza, fresh pasta, gelato, prosciutto, espresso, panini… But that’s just while you’re in class Monday through Thursday. You also have long weekends to explore Europe, maybe Paris, London, Barcelona, or a medieval village in the Tuscan countryside. You could spend Thanksgiving in Ireland or spring break in Santorini – it’s your adventure!
Increased Global Awareness
How do you begin to understand the world beyond your borders if you’ve never witnessed it? As a Kent State Florence student, you aren’t just a tourist, you’re a member of the community, sharing a daily routine with local residents and beginning to understand life through the lens of another culture. Being exposed to diverse ways of life and facing the challenges of cross-cultural communication are essential to becoming a global citizen, which is so important in today’s highly interdependent political and economic systems
freevide0x性欧美No one who studies abroad can be unchanged by the experience. It is truly transformative. Expect to return home more independent and confident, with improved problem-solving and leadership skills. Students who study abroad learn about themselves as they learn about the world. Many find new directions and passions, and form lifelong friendships. They are empowered by accomplishments large and small, from a brief Italian conversation with a shopkeeper to picking the perfect plane/train/bus/taxi combination to get to the Eiffel Tower.
freevide0x性欧美Study abroad gives you an edge in the job hunt. It distinguishes you as adventurous, creative, flexible and adaptable – all traits employers look for. A recent study found that students who studied abroad landed jobs in their fields sooner and earned higher starting salaries than students who did not. Effective communication across cultures has become critical in all professions, and your background in this area will set you apart. Office of Global Education workshops can help you articulate the value of your experience on your resume and in interviews.